Thursday, February 4, 2010

success

While browsing a little this morning after my run I found these little gems:

"Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph; a beginning, a struggle and a victory." Ghandi

"All great masters are chiefly distinguished by the power of adding a second, a third, and perhaps a fourth step in a continuous line. Many a man has taken the first step. With every additional step you enhance immensely the value of your first." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

After such a rough week I found these words really hit home. I hope that by sharing them you will get something out of them as well.

I did make up my run from yesterday this morning. It went well. I managed to increase my speed from the 4.5 setting to the 5.0 setting and make it through the whole workout. Another personal victory was the fact that I completed the workout while someone else was in the gym. I get really self concious when I work out around other people... especially if they are already in shape. It's dumb because the whole point of going to the gym is to better yourself and get healthy, but I always feel like I'm getting the side eye and being judged by other people when I work out.

Today I managed to stay focused and make it through though so I'm proud of myself. Lose my Breath by Destiny's Child definitely keeps it's place in the playlist favorites too. It came on during the last 3 minute run and the lyrics almost sounded like a challenge. "All that talk but it seems that you can't come through". Yeah... it definitely helped me push.

Today was the last of week three. Now I'm trying to mentally prepare for week four and the five minute runs.

No comments:

Post a Comment