Wednesday, February 3, 2010

confessions and a day of rest

Today I planned to complete week 3, day 3 of the couch to 5k program. Notice I said planned to.

I didn't make it to the gym this morning for a few reasons. I promised myself that I would keep this blog honest and share both the ups and downs of my training so please prepare yourself for one of the downs.

Yesterday was just a huge ball of FAIL. So many things happened and I got so angry and upset that I came home with my first ever migraine. I was upset enough that I didn't think things through and ended up binge eating. I made tacos for dinner (instead of healthy Greek chicken as planned) and I ate an entire plate loaded with tortilla chips, meat, cheese and salsa. Then I used groundhogs day as an excuse to have a huge root beer float.

All of these things in moderation would have been fine but I definitely did not have them in moderation last night.

In case anyone is wondering, when you spend three weeks eating healthy cutting out a lot of fat, grease and sugars then you go on a binge like that your body pretty much hates you. It can't handle the extra junk.

I went to bed feeling gross and woke up feeling downright sick. My legs were also hurting for some reason as well and I was exhausted. The snooze button won and I skipped the gym.

Now, I may be down, but I am certainly not out. If there is one thing I have learned it's that Scarlett O'Hara was right, "tomorrow is another day". I see where I made my poor choices and I am working today to get myself back on track. A lot of water, plenty of fresh fruits and veggies and some protein will get me back to 100% by the end of the day so that tomorrow morning I can jump right back in where I left off.

I don't work until 1pm tomorrow so I'll have the ability to take it easy after I finish in the gym with week 3. Friday is my usual rest day so this little stumble isn't going to mess with my schedule very mcuh at all. Saturday I begin week 4 and those 5 minute runs!

No comments:

Post a Comment