Monday, October 18, 2010

weird issues

This weekend I made some beautiful, vegan blueberry muffins. I had one yesterday and loved it... even Steve was a fan. This mornign I went to grab one for breakfast and as I opened the storage tupperware I caught a whiff of them and almost immediately gagged. Like... ran to the sink because I didn't think I'd make it to the bathroom type of gagging.

Sadly, this is becoming sort of a new routine for me. The whole gagging at things that never bothered me before and random waves of nausea. It's awesome. (notice the sarcasm).

That new issue is bad enough, but it's not the only one.

This weekend I went for a run. Just my usual route, pace and distance. Not 5 minutes in I had to stop because there were sharp pains in my stomach. Not crampy type pains, stabbing pain. This is not normal. I decided to walk it out for a bit and see if they went away if I toned down the workout and they did for the most part. I ended up stopping after 1.5 miles because I still got them suddenly and randomly all over my stomach area and didn't want to make anything worse by pushing too hard. I was still winded and sweaty like I'd just done my normal run though which I thought was weird.

Both of these new issues, on top of the digestive issues I've had since freshman year of college, are really annoying.

Speaking of which... those issues have developed some new trigger foods. We can officially add chocolate to the list along with red meat in any quantity, pork, anything with caffine, and dairy.

I'm headed to the doctor for more tests tomorrow morning. I have an idea of something to test for and I hope the doctor listens and gets me the necessary tests/screenings. More than anything else I just hope he can tell me something more than "It's just severe IBS and you'll have to find a way to deal with it". Any thoughts and prayers you could send my way would be much appreciated.

And just to get it out of the way for anyone thinking I drank the water around my friends lately.... no, I'm not pregnant. I can 100% garauntee that much. :)

1 comment:

  1. When docs blow you off like that and give you terrible news like it's the weather, I could just smack them. Compassion, anyone? I hope you get some answers, :( ...and relief.

    ReplyDelete