Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I promise I'm not dead

Life has been strange lately. My IBS has not gotten much better and I'm just generally trying to adjust to what my doctor says is probably my new "normal" due to the fact that I can't really change any of the external factors which are causing my issues.

I've started going to therapy in an attempt to help me work through and find ways to deal with some of the most stressful aspects of my life right now.... to help me find coping strategies and vent my feelings in an impartial and safe place. It's going well. I like the therapist I'm working with and I feel that I'm already handling things better even if my medical issues aren't quite seeing results yet.

This whole process has left me exhausted.

What is particularly causing frustrations is my diet. If my food journal is anything to go by (which all involved medical professionals agree it is) red meat isn't the only food that is on my "do not eat" list anymore. In order to keep my IBS under control again I am going to have to cut out dairy and pretty much all meat besides organic chicken. It is a sad day. I'm beginning the search for delicious vegetarian foods that could make up for the fact that macaroni and cheese is no longer an option for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment