Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Trying not to wallow

In the last year Steve and I have made several sacrifices in order to lay a good, solid foundation for our future. We've made hard decisions and agreed to live with the immediate unpleasantness in exchange for long term benefits. Unfortunately, I'm not that great at being patient and the unpleasantness of right now is weighing on me particularly heavy this week. I actually cried at my desk this morning.

In an effort to avoid wallowing in my own "poor me" attitude this week, I am wrapping up some loose ends on something I actually have some control over. I got in touch with the people at the school I'll be attending in the fall to (finally) get back to work on my degree!

I talked with admissions to make sure I'm all set and enrolled. I checked out my financial aid award information to make sure I can pay for classes and I'm awaiting a call back from my advisor to get me registered for classes. With any luck I will finally start making some forward progress on this goal of mine and get myself that much closer to where I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. Going back to school is such a brave, important step. Way to go! I'm a new follower by the way. Love your blog! I have a newlywed blog at aleeanddan.blogspot.com. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete