Sunday, July 11, 2010

1st Anniversary

One year ago today, in front of about 110 of our closest family and friends, Steve and I promised to spend the rest of our lives together. It was the most incredible day of my life so far. As a little girl (hopeless-romantic daydreamer that I was) I often thought about how I wanted my wedding to be, what flowers I would carry, what songs would be played, and of course what my dress would look like.

I can say with absolute certainty that my wedding day was everything I had ever dreamed of and more. I can't even find the words to adequately explain how completely perfect that day was for me. However, I know that the biggest reason that day was so incredible is the person I married.

I'm lucky enough to be married to my best friend. Someone who challenges me and comforts me. Someone who supports me in absolutely everything and always encourages me to be myself. Someone who completely believes in me and loves me for exactly the person that I am.

We have faced many challenges this year... both planned and unplanned, and through it all one thing has become clear: everything will be okay as long as we hold on tight to each other.

So... today we are celebrating everything that brought the two of us together, everything we have experienced together, and everything awaiting us in our future. Who knew that the decision to attend a party almost four years ago would have brought us to where we are today.

No comments:

Post a Comment