Friday, December 10, 2010

my internal organs look like chicken breasts

At least, according to the pictures taken during my surgery they do. Check it out:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Sorry if this picture grosses you out. I find it fascinating! That may be the percocet talking though.

My surgery today went really well. I got to the hospital around 7am to check in and then started being prepped by the nurses around 8am. Getting the IV done was just as uncomfortable as it was during my HIDA scan, but the additional prep work like getting sensors put on my skin and the massaging leg warmers was so cool. I told the nurses so and they laughed. Apparently most people don't think surgery prep is cool.

After the surgery was over Dr. Christmas informaed me that my gallbladder was really inflamed. You can see it in the picture just how bad it was looking. In the top left is the picture of the gallbladder after he moved the other internal material away and got ready to remove it. Notice how it's all pasty white and dead looking? Yeah, that's really bad. I think having it removed is going to do wonders for making em feel better.

I'm more sore than in pain right now, and the percocet is helping me get some good sleep. Steve is home from his business trip and taking good care of me. My mom and mother-in-law took care of me at the hospital and when I first came home. I'm really thankful to have people in my life that love me and are willing to help me out in situations like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment