Wednesday, December 8, 2010

home remedies

As of right now I'm not sick. However, Steve is sick and even though he's in Nashville I am taking a proactive stance on the issue to avoid any complications with my surgery on Friday. As soon as I noticed my throat feeling scratchy I ran right out and got the things I needed for my med-free throat remedy.

I honestly have no idea where I found this particular recipe, but it works. Not only does it work for pretty much any throat issue, but it is med-free and can be made on the cheap.

Put about 1 lemon's worth of juice into a mug (fresh if you've got it, but 1-2 tbsp of the bottled stuff works too). Then pour in boiling water and stir in about 1 tbsp honey.

Magic I tell you. Pure throat therapy magic.

I'm finishing a mug of this right now then heading off to a hot shower before bed. Between the special drink, the shower steam, and sleeping in tomorrow I think I'll be in top shape for the surgery.

Anyone else have their own special feel-better drink? Or any other type of home remedy?

No comments:

Post a Comment