Thursday, September 2, 2010

getting away

Today is my Friday!!! Woo hoo!

Steve, Finn and I are headed up to my parents' house for the Labor Day weekend, and what promises to be a fun time for all. My grandma Westfall and Grandpa Bob will be in for the weekend too so it will be a full house.

Friday night we are going to the football game at the high school where my mom works. My whole family is pretty invested in the school and they've made a lot of friends there so it's always fun heading over. Not to mention, they always host an amazing tailgate prior to the game. Steve has never tailgated before, so I'm particularly looking forward to this. :)

Saturday is my dad's birthday and birthday party with my parents' friends, most of whom have known me for several years.

We'll definitely make time to head to the mall of Georgia for a bit and bask in the retail goodness. I've been saving up some shopping for a couple weeks so I could do it in the big Macy's there. I seriously miss being able to shop at well maintained and fully stocked stores that don't cater to tourists.

This will be our first road trip with the puppy, but I think it's going to be just fine. On our 45 minute drives to Petsmart he just sort of hangs out in the back seat and sleeps. I think he'll do the same thing most of the 5 hours to Atlanta.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment