Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Water for Elephants

I'll admit, pretty much my sole reason for choosing to read this book was because I heard my favorite actor was playing the lead in the movie adaptation. Coincidentally, it's the same reason I read the Twilight series.....

But I digress.....

My mom loaned me her copy of the book, and I started reading a few chapters whenever I had time. About half way in the story really picked up and I found myself really excited to see what happened next. It was never a stay-up-all-night nail-biter or anything, but the plot certainly grabbed me.

Today, while waiting for my car to get it's oil changed, I finished. I was really pleased with the ending too. The way the writer wrapped it all up was nice and pretty much exactly how I wanted it to end.

I'm now looking forward to April (when the movie is set to be released) with even more excitement. My mom and I have plans to go see it when it comes out.

Warning: reading this book will make you want to go to the circus! I pretty much begged Steve to take me when Ringling Bros. comes to town. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment