Sunday, August 22, 2010

simple pleasures and new adventures

I'm in the middle of a break up with my grocery store. Food Lion just isn't working for me anymore and I've been scoping out my options. Walmart and I had a nasty break up in November after the ground beef incident. The closest Publix is about 30 minutes away (without traffic). This left me with Kroger and Piggly Wiggly. I remember Kroger being pretty good when I visit my parents so I figured I'd try it out.

Oh.My.God.

I think I'm in love. Their natural and organic food section is HUGE! They carry several varieties of veggie burgers and Greek yogurt. The organic produce section is just as big as the regular produce section!

I've been wanting to try a few different all natural and organic products but couldn't find them before. Kroger definitely has them and I picked up one or two to try this week.

exhibit #1 Purely Decadent dairy free ice cream
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
I've been trying to limit my dairy intake lately since it bothers my stomach. I've switched to almond milk in my cereal and coffee, but I was still looking for an ice cream substitute. This brand is made with coconut milk and has some really delicious looking flavors. I'm testing out the Pomagranet Chip flavor first.

I also picked up a package of all natural pad thai to try out. It sounds like it would be really good. More on that later.

Last but not least... the store's floral department was having a buge sale on gladiolas! I got a big bunch of pink ones for $2.50. They are in a vase on the counter so I see this as soon as I walk in the door:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Between all my delicious finds at the grocery store and my happy bunch of flowers, this week looks like it will be a good one. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment