Monday, September 20, 2010

In case you aren't aware...

This week is banned books week.

As someone who works in a library and aspires to teach English, I feel that it is important for me to make sure everyone knows about this noteworthy week.

I could go on and on about the various issues I have with banning books and literary censorship, but there happens to be a good website that makes some great points in a much more eloquent way than I would likely accomplish. If you have time, please check out the section of the American Library Association's website regarding banned books.

I would like to challenge those that read my blog to read a banned book this week, or at least a portion of one. Chances are you've read one before since the list gets longer every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment