Monday, September 6, 2010

weekend recap and menu planning at it's finest

What a great weekend!

Steve, Finn and I got home last night form our little trip up to north Georgia to see my family. We had a great time! Friday night's tailgate was low key and relaxing, exactly what we needed after almost 6 hours of driving (thank you I-75 AND I-285 for the traffic). We got to see a lot of people we don't get a chance to see very often and we had some great food!

One thing my family pretty much is known for, you never leave our house hungry and the food is always good.

I managed to fit in a run Saturday morning and did the plyometrics workout from P90X with my brother Sunday morning in an attempt to stay balanced. All I can say is that P90X is no joke! I'm so sore today... cerrying groceries up 3 flights of stairs today got a bit interesting. Steve had to help me out.

Speaking of groceries, I'm pretty excited about the menu I planned for this week. My grocery cart looked so good and healthy when I set it all on the check out counter. :)

tonight: pasta with roasted garlic, white cheddar and wine sauce from Annie's Eats
Tuesday: greek salad (from Annie's Eats) and leftover penne alla vodka
Wednesday: Italian sausage and tomato pasta from Real Simple
Thursday: Balsamic marinated chicken from my DAR cookbook with steamed green beans
Friday: chicken tostadas from Elly Says Opa!
Saturday: Spanakopita from David Lebovitz

And we can't forget dessert: I combined sliced strawberries with blieberries and raspberries, tossed them with a little sugar and about 1/2 cup of moscato. They're marinating in the fridge right now and I'll serve them over pound cake and fresh whipped cream.

As you can see.... it's going to be a week full of delicious food around our house! I'm really excited to try all the new recipes. It's so easy to gets stuck in a dinner rut when you have a busy schedule. I'm glad to have the chance to mix it up lately!

No comments:

Post a Comment