Thursday, October 15, 2009

working out: back on the wagon again

Today was day one back in the gym for me after a long break.... and it was rough.

I am not a runner... not by any means... and I have awful will power. So the idea of making myself get on a treadmill and do anything remotely like running for any length of time is not high on my list of things I want to do.

But.... fitting into my cute jeans in time for the big G2G in Boston most definitely IS on my to do list. So to the gym I will go. :)

To help myself get through each workout without dying I've put together a playlist of songs that always manage to get me pumped up no matter what I'm doing. Today I was really feeling "Maneater" by Nelly Furtado. I first heard the song on Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleaders:making the squad on CMT and I fell in love with it! The beat is nice and steady and the lyrics make me smile. Check it out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZoVsi_bP7s

1 comment: