Friday, October 23, 2009

major sad face... but ending on a happy note

For those of you who haven't heard, a water main broke in Savannah this afternoon and cut off service to the entire northern half of the city.... also known as the half of the city I live in. An hour ago everything was fine but when I got home from the store I turned on the sink to and got nothing... not a drip.

This is inconvenient in general but it's especially bumming me out today. I had planned to be "awesome wife" and suprise the hubby with homemade chicken noodle soup and apple pie for dinner when he got back from his business trip tonight. However, soup requires water as does prepping a chicken, and making pie crust... you get the idea.

Our maintanence people at the apartment said that city crews are working on the problem but nobody knows when the issue will be fixed. For now, it appears that I'll be busting out some pre-made pie crust for the pie and calling a hail mary for dinner. *keep your fingers crossed for a speedy fix to the no water situation.*
.......................................................................................................

In other news.... My Husband Rocks!

Steve has been gone all week (again) on business this week. It isn't very much fun to be a newlywed and be constantly seperated from your husband. I seriously don't recommend it. However, the situation has brought to light a great quality in my husband that I probably never would have recognized otherwise.

My husband rocks because he always calls me every day he is away from me no matter how busy he is. That may not seem like much to some people but by the end of another lonely week being able to talk to him abotu random events of the day make me feel so much better. I also like knowing he's thinking of me too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment