Thursday, March 4, 2010

week 5 day 2 and cruisin

DONE!

I never thought that there would ever be a time in my life where I could run for eight minutes straight without wanting to die. Today I did that twice and I feel amazing!

That's part of why I love this program so much. Every week I find myself doing things that, even the week before, I didn't think I could. Each step is such a huge victory for me and I feel like I am at least a couple steps further away from the things I'm trying to avoid.

Also, this week Steve and I booked a cruise for this summer! We're leaving from Miami then going to Key West and Cozumel... it's going to be a blast! Neither of us have ever cruised before and both ports are places I have always wanted to go. Right now the plan is to do a pub crawl and then visit the Hemmingway house in Key West (for the true Hemmingway experience of course). Then, in Cozumel, we are going to go see some of the Mayan Ruins! I have wanted to go see the Mayan ruins since we studied them in the third grade. Words cannot express my excitement that I actually get to go do it!

Of course, there will be tons of relaxing and beach bumming going on as well. Which is serving as more motivation to get to the gym and the park... especially once the 5k is over.

1 comment:

  1. Woooo! I am sensing a runner's high???! :) That's fabulous you're improving so much -- good for you! Doesn't it feel wonderful!?

    VERY exciting about the cruise...I've heard great things about the Mayan Ruins. My parents just visited and raved about them!

    Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete