Monday, March 15, 2010

patience

I am not a patient person. It's a huge weakness of mine and leads to incredible frustration and jealousy. Lately I have really really been struggling to keep that jealousy at bay. Some days are harder than others but even the better days have been harder lately.

I've always prayed for patience but I think I finally understand that what I really need is peace and a willingness to let go of the frustration.

Two things happened today to bring me to this realization:
1. I heard this song on the radio: You're Gonna Miss This by Trace Atkins - It reminded me that I've got it pretty good right now even if it isn't everything I've ever wanted.
2. I ran across this quote as I was reading this afternoon: "Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That's laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow - that's patience" - It made me realize that it's okay to be a little frustrated but you have to be willing to work through it if you ever want to get where you're going.

Is this a magical cure for my crazy jealousy? No.
Does it make everything all better and take away the frustration? No.

However, it does make me take a second or two to think and remember that life isn't a race and maybe, just maybe, I should put a bit more trust in the one with the plan. And that one or two seconds is a start.

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! I too have been super jealous lately, and patience is not my strong suit. Thanks for the inspiration and the quote, it really made me realize that in the end it's not a race, and I will get mine when the time is right, and maybe that's not as soon as I'd like, but it's out there, someday...

    ReplyDelete