Saturday, December 31, 2011

new accessories and decisions to make

Clearly, I was a very good girl this year because Santa was good to me. I got tons of new running gear to help me with my goals this year including new shoes (that I designed myself) and a heart rate monitor/timer/watch/calorie tracker.

Yesterday I did a test run with the shoes and watch that was pretty good for being my first run after a month off. Considering the trainer had me bust my butt at the gym just before my run I feel like I did well.

Speaking of the gym... it's going to  be interesting fitting it into my schedule this semester, but after yesterday I feel like it will be necessary. If I want to be ready for the half marathon in the fall then I am going to need some more strength to pull from during my runs.

Now I've just got to decide what race to sign up for. Originally the Savannah Rock 'n Roll half was the plan, but I found out recently that the 2012 race is going to be in November instead of September. Not a big deal, but there is a half marathon going on in Atlanta on Thanksgiving Day that might be better. Basically no travel to mess with race prep.

I have time on my side though. Early Registration for both races goes through October. I think I'll make my decision later in 2012 once I'm further into training. Opinions are welcome though! Anyone ran a half marathon they had to travel for? We would have to drive for about 4 hours the night before the race if I do the one in Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment