Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas craziness

I thought the running around crazy portion of Christmas was over when I finished buying and sending out gifts. For most people, it probably would be.

Not me.

Nope, for some reason I got a huge burst of holiday spirit and decided that I NEED to do all of the Christmas things RIGHT NOW. So much that I could not sleep. I laid in bed until 1am before falling asleep and promptly woke up this morning at 5:30.

Steve got plenty of sleep. Probably because I wore him out with my manic Christmasness. I actually tried to convince him last night that we should go get some candles to decorate the tree so it would be more traditional. This was shortly after I spent over an hour researching German Christmas cookies and shopping for expensive wooden cookie molds for a hard cookie that takes 12 hours to make and tastes like licorice.

Thankfully, I seem to have gained some much needed clarity in my 4.5 hours of sleep.

I narrowed the list of fun things to do for the holiday down to two big ones: 1) baking some holiday treats. Not even difficult ones. I'm going to make some treats for Finn and then whip up some cupcakes to take over to my parents' house for dessert on Christmas Day. 2) Attending the Candlelight communion service at the little church up the street on Christmas Eve.

This plan seems much better than wiping myself out in a blaze of manic festivity. I hope everyone has a relaxing and pleasant holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment