Sunday, November 13, 2011

Bummed

My 5K was yesterday, but I didn't run it. I didn't even show up. Why? Because of this awful cold I've had for a few days.

Since about Wednesday I've been sniffly and coughing, but Saturday morning the chest congestion hit along with big fat sap-all-your-energy coughs. I felt awful, but I really wanted to run that dang race! Steve and I decided to run some errands and see how I felt. If that went well we would consider still goiong to the race.

After a brief run to Best Buy to complete our Harry Potter blue ray collection, it became obvious that any attempt at racing would be a really terrible idea. We stopped at the grocery store for some necessities and then went back home so I could cuddle on the couch with my robitussen and our dog.

This week I will be finishing my observations and wrapping up my courses before Thanksgiving break. Missing class or observations is not an option, so today is all about resting and getting better.

Once the semester is over I will look into another race.

No comments:

Post a Comment