Wednesday, January 13, 2010

change of plans

As most of you know, the plan for this semester was that I would be going back to school part time to finish my degree. I was actually really looking forward to making some forward progress on that goal. However, school is being postponed another semester due to the fact that I'm not elligible for any financial aid. None. zip. nada.

I'm pretty bummed about it. The worst part is that all I can do to resolve the matter is meet with a financial aid counselor after I fill out my FAFSA for next year to make sure it doesn't happen again.

On a much lighter note, I'm really excited about the recipes I found in my new crockpot cook book and have instituted Thursday night as "crockpot dinner" night. Since I work the night shift that night each week fixing something in the crock pot before I head out to work means that Steve and I still get something warm and yummy (and healthy) for dinner! It's a win-win situation.

Here is our meal plan for the week:
Sun: pulled pork (with a new BBQ sauce I got as a Christmas gift! It was delicious!)
Mon: spaghetti with garlic bread
Tues: breakfast (eggs, bacon and rye toast) - for dessert we had emergency chocolate cake and I think this recipe is somethign every chocolate lover should have on hand.
Wed: Greek Chicken
Thurs: apple bacon chicken in the crockpot
Fri: tacos/ taco salad
Sat: leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment