Sunday, July 7, 2013

Anniversary excitement

This Thursday will be 4 years since Steve and I got married. It seems like a really long time and not nearly long enough all at the same time, if that makes sense.

I get really excited about our dinner tradition for our anniversary.  I'm pretty sure I have mentioned before that I recreate our reception meal for dinner on our anniversary every year. It was the one thing I could think of to make the day extra special even when we were broke as a joke in Savannah.

The meal itself is nothing fancy. We aren't fancy people and we wanted simple things we knew would taste good for our wedding. It worked out really well that day and it has been a great way to remember our special day ever since.

This year I'm particularly excited because I will be trying out a new recipe for our lemon cake dessert. It's an adaptation of a yellow cake recipe I have used for the last few years with a lemon curd filling and butter cream frosting. If it turns out well I will post the recipe here. Hopefully this one works out well because I have tried two other recipes in previous years and they were a bit of a disappointment. A good lemon cake recipe is difficult to find. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment