Friday, July 12, 2013

4 years

4 years ago today I was on my way to Disney World for my honeymoon. Yup, yesterday was our 4th wedding anniversary!



It's funny to me to think about our anniversary in years because 4 years just doesn't sound long enough for all the things Steve and I have experienced since we were married. Saying "4 years" to someone when they ask how long we have been married seems incredibly inadequate. Then again, by the reactions from people I meet at school you would think we had climbed Everest or something. 

Last year we went to Disney World (it's kind of our thing) for our anniversary, so we kept things really low key this year. Keeping with tradition, I recreated the meal we had at our reception for dinner (fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, and green beans) and made a lemon cake for dessert since our wedding cake was a lemon cake. I look forward to this meal every year because it brings back such wonderful memories of sitting in our hotel room halfway to our honeymoon and eating the dinner our family had the event staff box up for us. 

I did try to jazz up the kitchen/dining area for the occasion which was a bit difficult to keep a surprise now that we have the security cameras up in the house. Steve likes to check on Finn and me throughout the day, so I had to set things up where he wouldn't see everything. lol. I think it turned out nicely!
I made the banner with construction paper and a sharpie. Not fancy by any means, but we both really liked it and it made the room feel special.

The card Steve got me said "on to the next adventure" and Steve had written his own message talking about the things he is looking forward to in the years to come. It was very sweet and very fitting for this particular anniversary, even if it did make me think of the couple from the movie "UP". There are a lot of really good things about to happen for us and there is no one else I want to experience them with.

No comments:

Post a Comment