Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A blessing and a curse

Ever since I was very young I have been cooking and baking. Before I was tall enough to reach the countertops I had a stool or chair to stand on so that I could help my mom with anything and everything. One of my favorite pictures is of me in an old apron, standing on a chair, covered in flour, putting cookies on a cookie sheet.

Seriously, I think I was capable of making chocolate chip cookies by myself from scratch before I started Kindergarten.

I have always loved cooking and baking especially. My friends called me "Martha Stewart" and "Betty Crocker" throughout school. One year even my teachers called me that because for Christmas I made them all cinnimon bread and home made jam as gifts.

Now that I'm an adult, the love of cooking and baking has been both a blessing and a curse.

A blessing because: OMG! Cupcakes and italian food whenever I want without leaving the house!

A curse because: OMG! Cupcakes and italian food whenever I want without leaving the house!

For example, today I made a new cupcake recipe from one of my friends that I was given in our weekly recipe swap. I now have 24 canoli cupcakes on my counter topped with home made buttercream frosting and chocolate chips.

You can imagine how this is a willpower nightmare: canoli + cupcake = heaven.

I will either a) eat way too many and die running them off, or b) make lots of new friends to get rid of them.

Then again, I could always give them to the neighbors as "make sure the creepy maintenance guy doesn't take my stuff" incentive. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment