Tuesday, March 8, 2011

a lovely Fat Tuesday

In my 8am class this morning someone had a white chocolate mocha latte from starbucks and ever since I have been craving one. It's been quite a while since I've had Starbucks and longer still since I had anything other than decaf. So, on my way home I stopped in a got myself one as a treat along with a cinnimon chip scone.

What the hell, it's fat Tuesday anyway. It's a day for treats.

As I got to our townhouse and walked in the door it hit me... I'm happy again.

I've been telling everyone for the last two months that I'm happier here in Atlanta than I was in Savannah. I've said how much better it is here and that I like various aspects better. All of that is true. However, until this afternoon I hadn't realized that I am once again feeling genuinely happy with life again. The simple circumstances of getting a coffee and coming home to spend the afternoon with my dog just highlighted the massive amount of small blessings I've experienced recently and I am truly thankful.

Depression is a serious issue and a devastating problem to have to deal with... something I never thought I would ever have to handle. Today I feel like I have finally slayed that dragon and can move on with my life.

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, it's Carolin! I've been following you for a while but never commented! tisk tisk I know! :) I've been slack on my blog but I think I'm back... for now anyways! So check mine out when ya have time! BTW, loving your new hair cut! Tell the hubby I said hey!

    ReplyDelete