Monday, December 28, 2009

menu planning monday

I'm really excited about our menu for this week. All of it looks so good! I'm testing out a couple new recipes and combinations that friends have reccommended so I'll definitely let you know if there are any big hits or misses.

Sunday- lasagna
Monday- cajun style baked chicken, baked potatoes and peas
Tuesday- stuffed tomatos with chicken speedies and green salad
Wednesday- roast beef and cheddar paninis and sweet potato fries
Thursday- New Year's Eve at Steve's grandparents' house! - low country boil
Friday- pesto pasta with grilled chicken
Saturday- strawberry waffles and turkey bacon

I am also attempting a new cake recipe on New Year's Eve to take to the family party. It's a white cake with lemon curd filling that I found on my absolute FAVORITE cooking blog, vintage victuals.

In other news, this morning was our first day doing the couch to 5K program and it was.... interesting. Steve and I are definitely closer to couch potatoes than runners so between waking up at 5am and the running we are both worn out. However, we still plan to keep up with it even if we end up having to repeat a week here or there. Our goal is to be able to run a 5K in April.

We have also been dealing with some issues with our cat, Mimi, but I'll post more about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment