Saturday, June 12, 2010

little things

This morning I woke up at 7am. No alarm or anything, just waking up to the sun at 7am and feeling rested.

It's been that way for a few months now and pretty much every day on our cruise we woke up (without an alarm) around the same time.

I never in a million years thought that waking up that early would feel like sleeping in. I also never thought that I would consider taking out the trash and making sure all the laundry was done before Steve got home from a long business trip would be considered "romantic suprises".

We've been married for 11 months now and each one of those months has brought so many new things into our lives. There have been so many changes this year (none of which are ones we thought would happen) and through each one we have come out the other side with a new perspective.... a new "normal".

I'm just trying to soak it all in and remember the little things because I know that someday I'm going to be sitting with our children, telling them about these days with a big smile on my face and wanting to be able to share every detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment