Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Testing, Testing....1..2..3

Yesterday I received a very pleasant (automated) email from the testing service which scores the GACE. As you all know, I have been on pins and needles all month waiting on my score report to get here so you can imagine how happy I was when the email came a few hours early. In fact, it came during my classroom management class. I'll go ahead and admit that I couldn't wait and was very rudely reading my email during a classmate's presentation on bullying. :(

I couldn't feel too badly about missing the presentation though since I PASSED! And I did not simply pass the test, I kicked it's butt! I got all of the multiple choice questions in all content areas correct (even math!) and did pretty well on the short answer portion too.

Now all I have to do is graduate and the state will give me my certification. That is quite an appealing thought to ponder.

Although my testing nerves are over for the GACE, they have just begun to set in for finals. Those nasty buggers are next week. At least I only have two this semester.

Lastly, my students (by this I mean all of the kids at my school) just finished taking their CRCTs last week! I'm proud of them for making it through such a big test and thankful that I no longer have to pass the time during placement in the library. This week is my last one in my placement, so it's a bit bittersweet.

The sweetest part is knowing that I'll be starting student teaching in August!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment