Saturday, January 23, 2010

starting week 2 strong

I survived the first day of C25K week 2! This week the schedule has me running in 90 second intervals with a two minute brisk walk in between for recovery for a total of 20 minutes.

Let me just say for the record that this program is no joke. It continues to kick my butt each day I get on that treadmill. In some weird way though, I'm starting to enjoy it. I feel so proud of myself when I'm done for being strong enough to push my body like that... for not giving up when it gets hard. That feeling is addictive.

I've also come to the conclusion that my music is a major tool in keeping me going. When I get to about the 15 minute mark I have found that from that point on I need some strong music to help me push through to the end. Today the two that really helped me out were Saving Jane's Girl Next Door and No Doubt's Hella Good. The second song in particular really gave that extra push I needed.

BTW, please direct your attention to the left of the blog. I have made a special section to display the songs that really help me push through my workouts. I know I love hearing what helps other people when they run and I figured I couldn't be the only one. This way people don't have to sift through all of my posts just to find the link they want. If anyone has anything they would like to recommend you are more than welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment