Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

As exciting as 2009 was, I'm very much looking forward to 2010 and the new opportunities coming our way.

At the same time it's a bit surreal for me to think about this being the year 2010.

Back in the day I was in Girl Scouts and our troop number from the time I was 8 years old was 2010. I remember a couple of times talking with my mom about what it might be like in the year 2010 and how different things might be. Now that it's actually here and I look around my life I'm amazed to see how closely my real life resembles the dreams I had back then. It is strange to realize that I am living the life I had imagined.... just like my favorite Thoreau quote encourages.

Although it hasn't been an easy and many times downright hard I am really thankful for where I'm at and the possibilities that still lay before me. I've got many more dreams and hopes for the coming years and maybe if I keep at it I'll get to have more strange New Year's Day realizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment