Monday, July 8, 2013

Hello there, 4th grade!

This morning I got an email from my program director with my placement for this fall. In an interesting turn of events, I will be teaching 4th grade at the school where I did my block two practicum! I am absolutely thrilled to be going back to that school. The administration was very welcoming of those of us from GSU and the teachers were great to work with.

I spent two mornings helping with 4th graders at that school last fall, so I think I will be okay. I had planned on being with the little ones for student teaching, but now that I think about all the things I can do with 4th graders I am getting very excited. Part of me keeps thinking back to my PTLS and the various activities my friends in the cohort were able to use with their 4th grade classes...

Another fun perk of being in 4th grade at this school is the fact that I could have some of the kids from my 3rd grade class last fall in my class again for student teaching! At the very least, I will be able to see several of them since we will all be in the same hallway.

This last semester of coursework is going to completely fly by. I am so excited to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment