Monday, November 21, 2011

Back at it

I feel like I've been out of it for so long. It really was only about 10 days, but being sick really took it out of me. Not running made me feel gross and led to some bad food choices.

Yesterday I got back to it though and it feels great! I didn't lose any time on my pace and I'm still able to run 3 miles without stopping, so count me as a happy camper.

I also recently looked up some info about the student rec center on campus and what kind of fitness equipment they offer. After all, my schedule next semester will more than likely be insane. Workouts will definitely have to take place downtown if I want them to happen at all... which I do. So, I looked into it. Imagine my suprise when I found out that it's a state of the art facility about three blocks from where my classes will be. Not only do they have awesome facilities, they offer personal training and nutrition consultations for pretty much dirt cheap to students.

I'm hoping that, between this and the gym membership the apartment complex gave me, I can get going on my half marathon training in January.

I would also like to say that I am due for new running shoes soon and I am thrilled that Nike now offers customization for my running shoe style in their online store. Not that the blue/white look isn't cute, it's just not something I would choose if I had other options.... which I do now.

If you want to buy me a present I would be happy to point you to the saved design on the Nike website. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment