Friday, September 24, 2010

a new mantra

I've seen some posters and shirts around that say "keep calm and carry on". It looks cute and I kept wondering what it was all about.

Being the nosy person I am, I took it to Google and found out that it's actually a propaganda slogan from the British government during WW2. They were trying to get the public to stay calm even in the face of almost certain Nazi invasion.

I really like the back story on the slogan. It sort of speaks to me where I'm at right now in life.

Today was a particularly rough day at the end of an especially rough and hellish week. I needed this slogan today.

And so... I have adopted this as my new mantra. No matter how awful things seem or how difficult it is in the coming months I will keep calm and carry on.

No comments:

Post a Comment